Again this year a Portland friend sent out this fun dinner challenge invitation…
“You have been randomly selected to participate in my summer dinner challenge. I will cook for 5 nights in a row…Tuesday August 27-Saturday August 31 for any number of people as long as they RSVP .
1. I will not go to a store for the whole week starting now.
2. I will use only ingredients on hand with at least 3 from my freezer or canning shelves.
3. I will not repeat a menu
4. I will have no leftovers. ( You may bring your own carry out container just in case I have overdone.)
5. I will not let you know who else is coming . ( You may invite others as long as you all RSVP )
6. Guests must RSVP and bring nothing other than a beverage.”
Tonight we were 15, most of whom we didn’t know but the company was good and the food was wonderful. A beef stew from the freezer and some rice, plus some fresh from the garden delicacies…
Pretty fun idea, no? And particularly nice after a day that began with physical therapy…tomorrow her guest list is only 7 and she wouldn’t divulge the menu, but we ate everything on the table tonight!
And so the summer ends…95 degrees today…family reunion for Labor Day, then back to the studio.